There are some speakers who capture your attention from the outset. Dr Warren Parker is one of them. Dr Parker is a former CEO of Landcare Research and Scion Forestry Research Insitute. He is currently Chairman of Pamu farms. Pamu has plans to convert up to 1000/hectares of farmland into forestry each year for the next 10 years.
Below we have noted a number of topics that he covered during this 40 minute webinar. If there was one single take out message from this captivating webinar it was “one way or another we have to front up to our climate challenge”. And the primary sector should keep its eye on the market-place, which will increasingly demand evidence of measures to reduce emissions.
If you are considering our CQuest Fund offer, or you are simply interested in the outlook in a post COP 26 environment, we recommend you take a look.
- 7’32” What are the key take-outs from COP26, which agreements will have the most impact on New Zealand.
- 15’45” How significant is the pledge to end deforestation by 2030 and how will that benefit the NZ forestry sector?
- 20’00” What is the market potential with products made from trees? What products might surprise us?
- 26”00” The outlook for the NZ Forestry sector and our wood exports
- 34’00” Will there be a reduction in forest plantings due to political pressure?